CAR-T cell therapy has shown unparalleled success in haematological malignancies, paving the way for the field of immuno-oncology.
In 2017 two therapies achieved FDA approval in the USA, and following recommendation by the EMA, there is promise that there will be European approvals in the coming months. Despite the huge successes there are still a number of hurdles to overcome before CAR-T can be effective in mainstream oncology beyond haematological malignancies.
The European CAR-T Congress’ mission is to address the opportunities and challenges that presently face the CAR T field, to maximise the potential of this ground-breaking therapy.
Key sessions include:
- Solid tumour targeting: overcoming the tumour microenvironment
- Multi-specific & dual targeting CARs
- Process development, scalability & automation
- Allogeneic vs Autologous: the potential of off-the-shelf therapies
- Patient access, implementation & regulatory challenges
- Advances in gene engineering
- Safety and toxicity